terça-feira, 5 de junho de 2018

Europeana Learning Diary VI

The final mission patch.

So, the end is near. To create my classroom scenario, I've tried to reflect on how to use Europeana as a visual resource for 3D printing projects. Specifically, as a repository of visual information for students to mine, in order to create their own 3D models using common 3D modelling software. I assume the scenario will be published together with the other plans from this course, but it can be read here: From Pixel to Plastic. I'm actually doing this in one of my classes, in a few days I'll have some very cool results to share.

Loved the peer reviews:
I find your project very interesting, well articulated. The resources you propose are very usable. You have very clear the topic you want to deal with. Congratulations on a job well done.
Waw, Your lesson is very interesting, complex, with many practical applications. I can appreciate that it is well done and is well proportioned, the moments of the lesson being carefully distributed. 
Loved your work/scenario. Innovation skills are really in focus in your work! Excellent learning design. Nothing to add.
And don't worry, you don't actually need 3D printers to use my lesson plan. The important factor is enabling pupils to learn how to create using 3D. For me, creating in 3D is a valuable information processing strategy, where the student needs to understand the historical and visual aspects of the chosen model in order to create a successful project. Sadly, if you plan to use 3D content on Europeana, there's not a lot to use, and what exists, has little visual quality. Head over to Sketchfab, where researchers, artists and museums share high quality models and 3D scans of historical artefacts.

As for that wich, for me, was the most pertinent idea discussed in this course? Assessment:
This course covered a lot of interesting topics, but to me the most eye-opening ones were on digital assessment, specifically on how the digital artefacts created by the students are, in itself, a more powerful form of assessment than testing. Creating a digital artefact (presentation, document, video, 3D model, etc.) means that the pupils have to mobilize knowledge about given topics, use digital tools and organize coherent workflows and narratives to create.

And thus ends my Europeana Learning Journal.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário